Sunday, March 30, 2014

Design for Suger and Spice Challenge #3

Here we go again!!  Are we up for the 3rd Challenge for Sugar and Spice...I know I am.  This was a fun card to make.  I worked on adding some Easter Happiness to it. I hope you agree. I used DCWV Shimmer Matstock paper in pastel shades. My background was embossed with Sizzix Embossing Frame Design, then I hand cut an egg shape and embossed it with my Darice Cherry Blossom embossing folder.

  I hand painted the flowers with my watercolor pencils using pink, blue, yellow, dark and light greens.  I then sanded the surface lightly and rubbed with Tim Holtz distress Frayed Burlap ink to pop the flowers slightly.  I trimmed it with white lace, adhered it to the blue embossed layer, then applied it to a white card base.   My sentiment letters were stamped individually with versamark then I used Recollections ebony detail embossing powder. I felt there was too much white so I dotted with Zig Clean Color Real Brush paint pen in the same colors I used to paint my flowers on the egg. I popped the sentiment by layering darker green under it.
I choose to embellish with 2 white feathers and I made a bow with some leftover yellow ribbon and applied a rinestone butterfly. I hope I have inspired at least one person to go through your stash and see what your imagination can come up with.  Hope you will play along with us at Sugar and Spice Challenge!  The deadline is April 13th, 9pm (Pacific Time).

Thanks for dropping by!!!

.

2 comments:

  1. Your handmade egg is really nice! I love the detailed embossing and the way you've coloured the flowers in. The flowers were a very nice touch for Easter, too!

    ReplyDelete