Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sugar and Spice Challenge #2

Hi, everyone!  This is my very first blog post.  My daughter helped me create my blog, so we could both participate in challenges together and I'm happy to say I have now been able to access it and learn how to update and hopefully be able to add my own updates.  Scrapping and diving are two of my passions, hence my blog title.  From time to time, you may see some underwater pics here.  But for now, I'd like to share my work for a newer challenge blog.  
The Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge was created to inspire and promote crafty fun through creating together.  The second challenge's theme is Mint Chocolate!  Create something using mint and chocolate (or brown).  I had to make a masculine card, so I put my thinking cap on and came up with this.  


I used an older sketch from My Favorite Things WSC - #58.  I liked how abstract this sketch was and thought it would work well. 

 The brown paper comes from an old Die Cuts With a View paper pad I had. And the mint paper came from DCWV Textured Cardstock - Brights long slim paper.  


I layered the Starform stickers to get the shadow effect for my sentiment.


Then I added the big white button with We R Memory Keepers baker's twine at one side of the banner.


Hope you will play along with us at the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge!  The deadline is March 30th, 9 pm (PST).

Thanks for dropping by!

Leah

4 comments:

  1. Nice card, Mom! I like how you layered the sentiment to give it the shadow effect! So glad you found some lovely mint paper to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie, kind of you to say. 2nd time I've been into my blog on my own. Yayyy Hooo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Leah!! Love the DCWV designer paper you picked. What a beautiful space you have to take the picture of the card. I can tell you really love ocean!! Can't wait to see your underwater pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariko, I do love the underwater world can't seem to get enough of it. I have to say Sherri opened up my second love for scrape booking. Just not sure of the blogging yet so i'm sure it will not be in the near future that I will be adding underwater pictures. I really need to focus on the challenges for now until I get comfortable with them.

      Delete