Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Welcome to Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #5

It's time for another Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge. Challenge #5 is called Mixed Patterns  and we were to use 2 or more patterns. I had so much fun using up my scraps I made two cards. My first card I used scraps left over from my last album I completed.  It was made with some of my favourite colors and patterns.  Pinks, browns and butterflies.


I pulled out my punches and scissors and went to work creating I love my hobby.  Bottom layer is cut with scissors and is done in pinkish/orange hounds tooth pattern. Next layer again cut with scissors done in soft pink and a flour de lis pattern. Gray layer was punched with a fiskers punch and is a polka dot monotone pattern.  Forth layers is a herringbone pink pattern, punched with another fisker punch. I then layered a shiny brick pattern for a little glitz. My final layer is straight cut and done in a butterfly pattern.


I tied a bow with very light pink ribbon around all the layers then applied it to a background of the same gray paper that I used in my layers...I feel it grounded the whole card. Used the herringbone pattern paper on my sentiment and stamped Happy Birthday.  My final step was to apply the butterflies with a little glitter glue for sparkle. Overall this card turned out so pretty -  I will be giving to a very special person!




My second card was done with scraps from the DCWV All Dressed Up paper stack.  Kept this one pretty simple, letting the paper and colour pop.  I chose  flower, polka dot and a striped glitter patterns and applied them to a pink background.


I created my sentiment from MFT label die and stamped a polka dot pattern with wishing you the sweetest things sentiment.  I used my black Pearl Pen and applied 3 dots to the label. Very much a girlie girl card!


Hope you will play along with us at the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge!  The deadline is May 25th, 9 pm (PST).

Thanks for dropping by!

Leah

3 comments:

  1. Lovely layering technique! The use of patterns and different edges worked so well together! The pink and black card is also very pretty. I thought you used enamel dots, not a pearl pen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to save all the scrap of strips from now on. The layering all the different pattern papers is very clever idea and I'm definitely going to borrow your idea for the future project. The label die you used for the second card is super pretty and I want that one for myself now. LOL!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards!! love the layered look!

    ReplyDelete