Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge #8 - Christmas in July

Sugar and Spice Challenge #8
Christmas in July

Time for the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge again!  This challenge we were asked to make something for the theme "Christmas in July".  So with all the warm/humid weather we are having it was very hard to get into Christmas, but I put my thinking cap on and decided to use my new stamp, Winter Snow Globe, from Papertrey Ink that my daughter gave me for Christmas. I got out the embossing tools and went to work. First I used a Sizzix embossing folder and embossed my cardstock.  After stamping Santa and the snow globe, I then colored santa with a red marker.  Next, I embossed the snowglobe and snowflake over Santa with Stampendous star dust-(I'm sorry bad pic. but just couldn't get a better picture today).


  I took my versa stamp pen and colored the inside of the globe (the red did bleed some but I liked the effect) I then heat embossed that with Zing clear embossing powder. I used my MFT circle dies and layered with paper from Studio Calico Wonderland collection.  I stamped HO HO HO for my sentiment using the same paper and layered an MFT banner in red because the sentiment to make it pop.  I love the effect, it gives a 3-D look to the globe. The snowglobe stand has been heat embossed with a light coat of white embossing powder to give it a snowy look.  I think I will be making these again and many more.  This stamp collection also comes with a snowman, christmas tree and cute little sentiments.



My second card is pretty much the same except I did use the clear zing inside the globe and you can see a much cleaner look. You can also see the star dust embossing powder much better.  This card was stamped with a smokey grey ink then heat embossed over, colored the tree and lites with markers.




 Thanks for dropping by.  I really hope you play along and enter the Sugar and Spice Challenge.

Leah









No comments:

Post a Comment